[ofw] RE: OpenSM 3.3.3 available for interested parties.

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Thu Nov 5 08:49:25 PST 2009

Hello,

>> I think, to put new Opensm under trunk\tools\opensm is a good idea,
> But I wouldn't delete the current branch till we distribute the old
> executables.

How about we add the new opensm as trunk\ulp\opensm\user_3-3-3\ instead of adding it in tools?
Keeping related items in one place makes things less complicated.

> I'd suggest to change the target destination so as old Opensm
> executables would be placed somewhere under ulp\opensm\bin and with
> the same names as Sean suggest.
> Then on the installation phase they can be copied under new
> opensm_3_0_0 folder.

OK, I can live with a trunk\opensm\user\bin\ target along with changes to makebin.bat & WIX code.

> I don't think we may ask customers to check out old Opensm and to
> build on their own.
> I don't think we can test that complicate program as opensm enough as
> to be sure that it will work not worse than the previous one in all
> situations.

I strongly agree!

> I'd like first to see the new Opensm, working in real big clusters.

Would a 53 node HPC cluster be big enough? Certainly a good step forward.