[ofw] RE: OpenSM 3.3.3 available for interested parties.

Leonid Keller leonid at mellanox.co.il
Thu Nov 5 09:00:27 PST 2009

Agree.
But Opensm is application, not a protocol.
It's true place is under \tools.
And as far as we are any way going to remove the old opensm, it can stay
for the time being in old place.
[BTW, it won't by something unprecedent. We have got two versions of
perftests, living in two folders of our tree.  :( ]

> > I'd suggest to change the target destination so as old Opensm
> > executables would be placed somewhere under ulp\opensm\bin and with
> > the same names as Sean suggest.
> > Then on the installation phase they can be copied under new
> > opensm_3_0_0 folder.
>
> OK, I can live with a trunk\opensm\user\bin\ target along
> with changes to makebin.bat & WIX code.
>
> > I don't think we may ask customers to check out old Opensm and to
> > build on their own.
> > I don't think we can test that complicate program as opensm
> enough as
> > to be sure that it will work not worse than the previous one in all
> > situations.
>
> I strongly agree!
>
> > I'd like first to see the new Opensm, working in real big clusters.
>
> Would a 53 node HPC cluster be big enough? Certainly a good
> step forward.

Of course, it's a step forward.
But I meant clusters of hundreds or even thousands nodes.
One of them is already present in Top500 list.