[ofw] RE: OpenSM 3.3.3 available for interested parties.

Fab Tillier ftillier at microsoft.com
Thu Nov 5 09:04:14 PST 2009

Hi Stan

Smith, Stan wrote on Thu, 5 Nov 2009 at 08:49:25

>> I don't think we may ask customers to check out old Opensm and to
>> build on their own.
>> I don't think we can test that complicate program as opensm enough as
>> to be sure that it will work not worse than the previous one in all
>> situations.
>
> I strongly agree!

I agree that customers shouldn't have to build things.  That said, what's to prevent them from taking the built opensm.exe from a previous release and running it?  The IBAL interface didn't change between these builds, so there should be no issue.

That way it is clear that they're using a different, deprecated version of OpenSM.