[ofw] RE: OpenSM 3.3.3 available for interested parties.

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Thu Nov 5 14:36:13 PST 2009

Fab Tillier wrote:
> Hi Stan
>
> Smith, Stan wrote on Thu, 5 Nov 2009 at 09:22:59
>
>> On a slightly different vector, would you be willing to test drive
>> the new opensm on your large in-house cluster?
>
> Is there a driver package that we can use for this?  Does that
> package allow extracting the drivers without installing them, so that
> they can be added to the OS image prior to deployment?
>
> Thanks,
> -Fab

No driver package required, opensm is a user-mode executable only, sans required ibal & complib.dlls.
Opensm.exe can run anywhere on the fabric, head-node is a good place; point being no need to deploy to compute nodes.

If you really want the full-meal deal, I can build you a WinOF installer which you could then do an administrative install which writes files to your specified folder, no device installation. All signed drivers & .cat files are available in specified folder which contains Pfiles\winOF\*.

Build opensm.exe executable from gen1\branches\opensm_3 dropped into an svn build tree @ trunk\ulp\opensm_3

I can send you the appro. opensm.exe.

I would recommend shutting down the system's current openSM, switch or otherwise. From a head node cmd-window say 'opensm.exe -e --console local'.