[ofw] RE: OpenSM 3.3.3 available for interested parties.

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Thu Nov 5 15:55:02 PST 2009

Fab Tillier wrote:
> Opensm 3.3.3 depends on winverbs/winmad and the libibmad stuff.
> Thus, there's a dependency on the drivers - I can't just take the
> executable and run it on a driver install that doesn't include
> winverbs/winmad.

The current version of OpenSM 3.3.3 (aka the 'new' openSM) uses Vendor IBAL.
Vendor Umad has some show stopper bugs as we speak. The end goal is to transition to Vendor Umad when it's working properly.

So for now, it's IBAL & complib.

\WinDDK\7600.16385.0\tools\other\amd64\depends.exe displays no dependencies on winverbs/winmad.