[ofw] ipoib and dhcp

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Fri Nov 6 09:08:43 PST 2009

>Yes, you can.

I was able to get this to work on 5 of 8 systems.  For some reason, the other 3
don't want to obtain an address through DHCP.  (And, of course, were the first 3
that I was trying to setup.)  I downloaded and run the guid checker tool from
the Mellanox website, and it reported that the guids were supported.  All
systems are using the same software, new install of 2008 HPC with MT25208 driver
and recent svn tip.  (I haven't checked or updated firmware versions yet.)  Any
ideas at all on this?

In an unrelated note, 2 of the systems crash when trying to update the HCA
drivers with the older drivers active.  I haven't looked at the debug output
from those crashes yet.