[ofw] ipoib and dhcp

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Mon Nov 9 09:41:59 PST 2009

>Sean, what happens if you run with the problematic cards using static ip
>addresses?

Static IP addresses worked fine; it's only DHCP that has an issue.

I also tried running the repair network wizard, and after running it 3 times was
able to obtain a DHCP address on those systems.  I rebooted the systems to see
if it would obtain a DHCP address again, but it failed after a reboot.  The
repair network wizard didn't help at this point.

The cards were older mthca adapters, and I don't know what firmware version they
had on them.  I don't know if it's worth trying to debug this further unless I
can reproduce the problem on cards with newer firmware.  I don't quite see the
relationship between HW/FW and DHCP, but it's not too hard to imagine some sort
of issue.