[ofw] RE: installation/connectivity problems on hpc server

Hal Rosenstock hal.rosenstock at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 12:52:19 PST 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Anatoly Greenblatt
<anatolyg at voltaire.com> wrote:
> I think this bug can be noticed only when opensm runs on ppc while host
> run on intel platforms or vise-versa.

>From opensm_release_notes:
OpenSM Compatibility
Note that OpenSM version 3.2.1 and earlier used a value of 1 in host
byte order for the default SM_Key, so there is a compatibility issue
with these earlier versions of OpenSM when the 3.2.2 or later version
is running on a little endian machine. This affects SM handover as well
as SA queries (saquery tool in infiniband-diags).

> Also, I'd appreciate if anyone can point me to the place where this
> sa_key filled in sa query (or how it is mapped).

The --smkey option in saquery allows this to be specified.

-- Hal