[ofw] mthca fw update

Prasanna Vv prasanna.vv at oracle.com
Mon Sep 14 09:09:44 PDT 2009

Hi,
I installed WinOF 2.1 RC4 in w2k3 x86 platform, but  IPoIB fails to load
in it. The event log reports weird   FW version as 0.0 and FW not supported.

&
 >>>HCA FW version 4.6.2 is not supported. Use 4.7.0 o

Also, vstat is not reporting device names properly
--------------
 >vstat.exe

       hca_idx=0
       uplink={BUS=UNRECOGNIZED (0)}
       vendor_id=0x15b3
       vendor_part_id=25208

       ATTENTION!
           The driver has reported zero physical ports.
           It can be a result of incompatibility of user and kernel compone

           It can be also caused by a driver failure on startup.
           Look into System Event Log for driver reports.
           Use firmware tools to solve the problem (in second case).
           The work with IB stack is impossible.

Please let me know if you see any issue with the configuration.

Regards,
Prasanna