[ofw] What are the rev relationships between WinOF downloads atOpenFabrics vs. Mellanox?

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Sun Sep 27 09:55:22 PDT 2009

Leonid Keller wrote:
> Did you try to install MLNX 2.0.5 on this machine ?
> Do you have SRP environment (remote disks) exist forhis machine ?
> If yes - try to exclude for the sake of test.

Hello Leo,
  So far is I've been able to duplicate the failure under the following conditions:

Remote SM, Svr2008 x64, ConnectX HCA, WinOF 2.1 RC5 default features (no SRP) installs fine.
Uninstall WinOF 2.1 RC5
Reboot
reinstall WinOF 2.1 RC5 +SRP (no active SRP target on the fabric, remote SM) nd mlx4_bus.sys loads with success although PNP does not load mlx4_hca.sys; similar behavior as seen with bad HCA firmware although in this case the HCA firmware is valid according to System event log entry.
The system event log shows mlx4_bus entered the system event log with event #1 information although the event logger could not translate the event number #1 to text as there was a missing component?
Is there a separate message file required to be installed with mlx4_bus.sys?

If there is an active SRP target on the fabric, the WinOF 2.5 RC5 install proceeds correctly.
If no active/initialized SRP target on the fabric, mlx4_bus fails to setup for mlx4_hca load?

Any idea what might cause mlx4_bus not to create PNP info for the load mlx4_hca in the case where an SRP client driver is requested?
The sequence of driver loading is mlx4_bus, mlx4_hca, ibiou.sys, ibsrp.sys.
It's unusual the failure is early in mlx4_bus and not later?

For the case Chris is working on, the SM is local to the system being installed and the SRP target is booted although not initialized as the SM has yet to be installed.

More investigation is required.

Stan.

>>> 2.0
>>> 2.0.2
>>> 2.1rc*
>>
>> WinOF 2.1 (GA) General Availability will be released very soon!
>> If you are using WinOF, you want to use this version.
>>

>>> Mellanox at
>>>
>> http://mellanox.com/content/pages.php?pg=products_dyn&product_family=3
>>> 2&menu_section=34#tab-two
>>> has: