[ofw] A crash in WmReceiveHandler

Irena Gannon irena at mellanox.co.il
Thu Dec 16 06:11:42 PST 2010

Hello,

We got a crash a picture of which is attached.
The command window content is attached as well.

The machines:
Win2008_64
Win2003_64
Were connected back to back.

The crash occurred while running ibping with __ping_of_death on the win2003_64 and opensm on the win2008_64.

As you can see the crash occurred  because pDevice == NULL.
It looks like hCa and hQp are in CL_INITIALIZED state, so   WmRegRemoveHandler or WmRegInit (error flow) probably did not put NULL in the pDevice yet.

Is it possible that in WmRegInit the line:
pRegistration->pDevice = dev;
was not called yet, but the line:
ib_status = dev->IbInterface.reg_mad_svc(pRegistration->hQp, &svc, &pRegistration->hService);
was already executed and a mad was received?

Should the first line be moved before the second? or am I missing something here?

Thank you,
Irena