[ofw] ttcp does not connect when WinSockDirect is disabled?

Fab Tillier ftillier at microsoft.com
Tue Oct 19 13:48:39 PDT 2010

Smith, Stan wrote on Tue, 19 Oct 2010 at 12:04:00

> Hello,
>   In running winOFED 2.3 RC4 tests, I find that simple ttcp connections
> no longer work? One of the RC4 changes was that of not enabling WSD by
> default. If one enables WSD then previously failing ttcp.exe tests work
> correctly?

Do you have WSD disabled on both machines?  Does it work if you use some other network?

We never enable WSD in our testing, and IPoIB works fine.  Things should work if only one of the two peers have WSD enabled, as it should fall back to IPoIB, but perhaps something is broken.

-Fab