[ofw] ttcp does not connect when WinSockDirect is disabled?

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Tue Oct 19 16:33:33 PDT 2010

Fab Tillier wrote:
> Smith, Stan wrote on Tue, 19 Oct 2010 at 12:04:00
>

>> Hello,
>>   In running winOFED 2.3 RC4 tests, I find that simple ttcp
>> connections no longer work? One of the RC4 changes was that of not
>> enabling WSD by default. If one enables WSD then previously failing
>> ttcp.exe tests work correctly?
>
> Do you have WSD disabled on both machines?
Yes
ttcp fails without WSD as far back as svn.2848

ConnectX on Rx side, infinihost on Tx side.

> Does it work if you use some other network?
No - using ttcp with IPv4 for Ethernet device also fails.

> We never enable WSD in our testing, and IPoIB works fine.  Things
> should work if only one of the two peers have WSD enabled, as it
> should fall back to IPoIB, but perhaps something is broken.

All I do is install via .msi
set IPoIB LAC IPv4 static address.
ping
run ttcp test; it fails.
installsp -i
run same ttcp test which now correctly connects and runs.
installsp -r
run ttcp test now fails?

I'll verify ftp connectivity.
Ping works both ways.