[ofw] OFED for Windows on 2008R2 SP1

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Wed Apr 13 17:01:31 PDT 2011

Hi Matt,
  I just downloaded winOFED 2.3 and installed on svr2008R2 x64 (ConnectX HCA [MT26418]) using the following command window command; no issues?

'start/wait msiexec /i OFED_2-3_win7_x64.msi /qn'

Without the 'start/wait' prefix the MS installer will run in the background as the cmd prompt will reappear giving the illusion the install has finished; can be confusing.
Generally the preferred approach when doing unattended installs is to specify 'start/wait'.

If the system has never had an OFED install, the signing certificate prompting, as witnessed in your screen shots, can cause problems with /qn.
See the Release Notes discussion on Svr2008 HPC unattended installs: certificate injection prior to winOFED install.

After a failed install, what if anything does vstat say? Pop a new cmd window after the install to get the correct %PATH% setup.

Stan.