[ofw] OFED for Windows on 2008R2 SP1

Matthew Wallis mattw at vpac.org
Fri Apr 15 02:17:27 PDT 2011

Apparently we've found a solution for this. Of a sort.

The problem appears to be that SP1 comes with a driver for the Mellanox card. If we remove that driver, the machines actually stop booting. Nice.

Our current solution that obviously will require some more investigation is to install the official Mellanox drivers over the top of the Microsoft ones, then removing the Mellanox drivers. Once those are removed, the OFED drivers install without issue.

That's the long way round.

I can blacklist the driver in WSUS but I'm not sure I can stop SP1 from installing it.

Matt.