[ofw] IPoIB-CM patches ??

Alex Naslednikov xalex at mellanox.co.il
Thu Jan 20 10:13:30 PST 2011

Please, SB

-----Original Message-----
From: Smith, Stan [mailto:stan.smith at intel.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2011 8:06 PM
To: Alex Naslednikov; Hefty, Sean
Cc: ofw at lists.openfabrics.org; Tzachi Dar; Uri Habusha
Subject: RE: IPoIB-CM patches ??

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Naslednikov [mailto:xalex at mellanox.co.il]
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:50 AM
To: Hefty, Sean; Smith, Stan
Cc: ofw at lists.openfabrics.org; Tzachi Dar; Uri Habusha

Maybe the problem with the server and not with SVN itself ?

Two related problems.

SVN access from Intel in not high-speed although it gets the job done without excessive wait times.
Perhaps your issue is Mellanox network access over the pond?
[XaleX-I will consult our IT dep.)

I would propose as a 1st step, moving the SVN repository to the new OFA server such that we have a full-time support person, adequate disk space and reasonable network bandwidth; all of which the OFA pays for.
(XaleX - great idea!)

The 2nd part of the equation is to consider migrating SVN to git such that multiple patches are handled in a more reasonable manner.
(XaleX-I think the big problem is that we handle multiple repositories at once (Trunk x branches x mlnx x WOF. Why do you think that GIT can help there ?
In addition, IMHO git concept is not so convenient for common version control problems as well as its windows client)

Stan.