[ofw] IPoIB-CM patches ??

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu Jan 20 11:28:33 PST 2011

> The 2nd part of the equation is to consider migrating SVN to git such that
> multiple patches are handled in a more reasonable manner.
> (XaleX-I think the big problem is that we handle multiple repositories at
> once (Trunk x branches x mlnx x WOF. Why do you think that GIT can help
> there ?

SVN is based on the concept of a single master repository.  GIT is based on having multiple repositories and has no inherent concept of a 'master' repository, which solves the exact problem that you mention.  Branch and patch management in git is far superior to svn.

In any case, updating SVN to a new server and a new version would be great.  And for anyone who wants to use git, it can access SVN repositories as well.