[ofw] Doing queries on subnet every 30 seconds

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Wed Jun 1 14:40:57 PDT 2011

Hello,
  Please see below.

Curious view...

You and others identified a 'real' fabric scaling problem (periodic ioc rescans).

Your proposed solution completely invalidates any IOC operation without per system registry adjustments - thus your proposed changes will generate a less than previous winOFED out-of-the-box customer experience for those who would attempt to use a fabric connected device (few they may be).

I'm attempting to find a solution which is not a quick-fix such that existing IOC behavior is maintained thus preventing an IOC interested customer from experiencing less functionality than what they received in previous WinOF/winOFED releases.

I have a working SRP target on a Linux box, hence SRP testing is planned to validate an on-demand IOC rescan design in the SRP environment.

Without question an active SRP maintainer would be a welcome addition.

Since we do not have an active SRP maintainer, I am willing to do the IOC rescan implementation work to maintain the current level of IOC/IOU functionality.

Stan.