[ofw] [SRP SCSI Mini port driver] SCSI mini port driver can not be loaded!! WinOF 2.3 win7 x86

Chris Worley worleys at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 09:42:08 PDT 2011

  *From:* Yahagi(TGI) [mailto:yahagi at tgi.co.jp]
> *Sent:* Tuesday, September 13, 2011 8:20 AM
> *To:* ofw at lists.openfabrics.org
> *Subject:* [SRP SCSI Mini port driver] SCSI mini port driver can not be
> loaded!! WinOF 2.3 win7 x86****
>
> ** **
>
> Hi,****
>
>  ****
>
> This is Yahagi.****
>
>  ****
>
> I make a SCST SRP Target Server.****
>
> And I use SRP Target from Windows Clients.****
>
>  ****
>
> I use Windows7 Pro SP1 32bits Client with Mellanox MHQH19B-XTR, now.****
>
>  ****
>
> I have installed WinOF 2.3 win7 x86 for the client.****
>
>  ****
>
> After installation, the unknown device “SCST SRP Target” is there.****
>
> And OS can not match SCSI mini port driver with the device.****
>
>  ****
>
> Please give me a some hints to solve this problem?

 Look at /var/log/messages on the target.  It should tell you that it sees
the initiators, and why it's not allowing them to see drives; fix that
issue.  When fixed, the windows SRP drivers should appear and show they are
working, and the drives should appear.  Use the Windows drivers from
Mellanox.

Chris