[ofw] creating common ib_types.h for linux and windows

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Tue Sep 20 07:23:12 PDT 2011

> Why to test for __WIN__ instead of _WIN32 (defined both when building
> 32-bit and 64-bit code -- see also
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/b0084kay%28v=vs.80%29.aspx) ?

I have no idea.  This is just what's currently in the code.  I can change this portion of the code if we want to use #ifdef's.

> When creating a common header file, this might be a good start:
> https://msinttypes.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/stdint.h

There are already shared types defined between linux and windows that opensm uses.  For the most part, there's no technical reason why windows can't use 99% of the linux ib_types.h as is.  My goal is to be able to take the file and drop it into the windows build tree without needing changes.

Btw, as background I tried to pull in the latest ibmad and ibdiags into windows.  The build broke because of new defines that had been added to ib_types.h.  Eventually we should be able to drop opensm directly into the windows build as well.