[ofw] ib-diags: compatability issue with ibstat

Hal Rosenstock hal.rosenstock at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 05:57:12 PDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 6:35 PM, Jason Gunthorpe
<jgunthorpe at obsidianresearch.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 03:32:54PM -0700, Ira Weiny wrote:
>
>> To be clear I am not against using ibverbs on the linux side.  It
>> sounds like that would be the best move going forward.
>
> Technically umad already needs to use verbs on Linux because that is
> the only way to get the subnet timeout value that is needed to compute
> the MAD RPC timeout. Currently umad ignores this part of IBA ...

Determining the MAD timeout is more complicated than this. Subnet
timeout is insufficient (so you would need more than just this from
verbs - things that would not be part of verbs) if this mechanism were
to be made compliant rather than a configurable timeout as it is now.

-- Hal