[Users] Finding performance bottleneck in OFED stack?

John Keenleyside keenley at ca.ibm.com
Thu Aug 30 01:12:00 PDT 2012

If you use oprofile or the new Linux perf tool you should be able to get a
break down of cpu cycles spent in the application, each shared library,
kernel and each kernel module.

John Keenleyside

From:
Jingcha Joba <pukkimonkey at gmail.com>
To:
Ira Weiny <weiny2 at llnl.gov>
Cc:
"users at lists.openfabrics.org" <users at lists.openfabrics.org>
Date:
08/30/2012 02:00 AM
Re: [Users] Finding performance bottleneck in OFED stack?
Sent by:
users-bounces at lists.openfabrics.org

Hi Ira,

Thanks fo the response.
I guess I wasnt clear with my question. What I meant was tools to find
performance bottlenecks: like Vtune,TAU, Scalasca, or even gprof, etc,
etc.

Unfortunately, the tools that I know are good for user level application
specific to a particular language(s) or communication protocol (MPI...). I
am not aware of any tool that could be used for "low level" performance
analysis.

In short, I am more interested in finding out which layer of OFED stack is
consuming how much percentage of execution time and why.

Thanks,
--
J Joba