[Users] Difference between flint and mstflint?

Susan Coulter markus at lanl.gov
Thu Sep 13 08:16:16 PDT 2012

Someone from Mellanox can correct me ... but flint comes from an rpm called "mft" which only comes with MLNX OFED.
While "mstflint" comes from an rpm called "mstflint" which is part of the standard OFED release.

As you say they are very similar, and I suspect the differences are due to the logistics of keeping the two source codes and/or functionalities in sync.

HTH

On Sep 13, 2012, at 8:43 AM, Narayan Desai wrote:

> Can someone explain the difference between flint and mstflint? They
> clearly fill similar roles, but have non-identical feature sets.
>
> Incidentally, I've added packages for the most recent version of
> mstflint to my ubuntu PPA for infiniband packages:
> https://launchpad.net/~narayan-desai/+archive/infiniband
> -nld

Susan Coulter
HPC-3 Network/Infrastructure
505-667-8425
Increase the Peace...
An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind