[Users] Difference between flint and mstflint?

Ira Weiny weiny2 at llnl.gov
Thu Sep 13 08:42:05 PDT 2012

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 09:16:16 -0600
Susan Coulter <markus at lanl.gov> wrote:

> Someone from Mellanox can correct me ... but flint comes from an rpm called "mft" which only comes with MLNX OFED.
> While "mstflint" comes from an rpm called "mstflint" which is part of the standard OFED release.

That is right.  flint is "proprietary" and mstflint is the open version with less functionality.  However, I don't know if they share the same code base.  As a developer I have not worked with it much since it is just something the admins can load on their own.  But what I do know is there are some useful tools in mft which require loading of a driver.

<shameless plug>
I have asked Mellanox if they would open source the "mft" package and they said they would think about it...  ;-)
</plug>

Ira

--
Ira Weiny