[Users] Centos 6.4 support

Samantha Jian-Pielak samantha.jian-pielak at canonical.com
Fri May 24 11:31:05 PDT 2013

Hi, this is my response before I subscribed to the mailing list..

Narayan, it would be great if you can copy over those packages you have
to https://launchpad.net/~ofa-ofed <https://launchpad.net/%7Eofa-ofed>,
any concerns?

Samantha

=====
Hi,

OFED has been tested against RPM-based distributions only. In the recent
OFED developer workshop, there was a discussion about supporting
Debian-based distro. So the answer to your question 'is OFED 3.5.1
compatible with Ubuntu' is there is no testing done with Ubuntu.
Currently the OFED support on Ubuntu is the same as what have been
pushed upstream (Debian). I put together a list of packages in OFED 3.5
and compared the version of those found in 4 Ubuntu releases, from 11.10
to 13.04. It can be downloaded here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OFED

As you pointed out the infiniband PPA from Roland Dreier, Narayan Desai
from Argnonne National Lab also packaged some for Ubuntu. After my
presentation at the OFED developer workshop last month, I created a
launchpad project and team with the goal to be the place for people to
share the packages with the Ubuntu community
https://launchpad.net/~ofa-ofed <https://launchpad.net/%7Eofa-ofed>. The
idea is it would be great if all packages in the OFED are available in
the Debian universe repo, but if it takes too long to get in Debian,
here is the place to get it. If any (packaging) issues are found, the
burden of fixing can be shared with the community. I have started
working with Prof. DK Panda from Ohio State U. and Intel PSM team. As a
Ubuntu community member, I am interested in helping/facilitating the
support of those packages for Ubuntu. If you are looking for the
blessing on OFED and Ubuntu, IMHO it should come from the OFED EWG.

Samantha
=====