[Users] Help with IBsim

Hal Rosenstock hal.rosenstock at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 13:15:18 PDT 2013

The only doc is a README in the ibsim git tree (
http://git.openfabrics.org/git?p=~halr/ibsim.git;a=blob;f=README;h=8606da57cc418fbdc9233b76c99a9643f3da158d;hb=3aaf933565e0db800cd25fc332e088b7318d3571)
but it does not go into the commands.

You can see the commands by getting into ibsim and using help command:
help
sim> Commands:
        !<filename> - run commands from the file
        Start network
        Dump ["nodeid"] : dump node information in network
        Route <from-lid> <to-lid>
        Link "nodeid"[port] "remoteid"[port]
        ReLink "nodeid" : restore previously unconnected link(s) of the node
        ReLink "nodeid"[port] : restore previously unconnected link
        Unlink "nodeid" : remove all links of the node
        Unlink "nodeid"[port]
        Clear "nodeid" : unlink & reset all links of the node
        Clear "nodeid"[port] : unlink & reset port
        Guid "nodeid" : set GUID value for this node
        Guid "nodeid"[port] : set GUID value for this port
        Error "nodeid"[port] <error-rate> [attribute]: set error rate for
                        port/node, optionally for specified attribute ID
                        Some common attribute IDs:
                                NodeDescription : 16
                                NodeInfo        : 17
                                SwitchInfo      : 18
                                PortInfo        : 21
        PerformanceSet "nodeid"[port] [attribute].[field]=[value] : set
perf. counters values
        Baselid "nodeid"[port] <lid> [lmc] : change port's lid (lmc)
        Verbose [newlevel] - show/set simulator verbosity
                        0 - silent
                        1 - debug verbose
        Wait <sec> : suspend simulator prompt
        Attached : list attached clients
        X <client num> : (force) disconnect client
        #... : comment line (for scripts) - ignored
        Help/?
        Quit
You don't use the GUID but "nodeid" which can be seen with dump

e.g.

unlink "S-0002c9020041b6b8"[1]

would unlink that switch's port 1

"nodeid" is S for switch and H for HCA followed by - followed by node GUID.
An example for HCA is "H-0002c9030003dd10".

-- Hal