[Users] Weird IPoIB issue

Hal Rosenstock hal.rosenstock at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 10:16:30 PDT 2013

Xsigo's SM is not "straight" OpenSM. They have some proprietary
enhancements and it may be based on old vintage of OpenSM. You will likely
need to work with them/Oracle now on issues.

Lack of a partitions file does mean default partition and default rate (10
Gbps) so from what I saw all ports had sufficient rate to join MC group.

There are certain topology requirements for running various routing
algorithms. Did you try updn or dnup ?

The key is determining whether the IPoIB broadcast group is setup
correctly. What MLID is the group built on (usually 0xc000) ? What are the
group parameters (rate, MTU) ? Are all members that are running IPoIB
joined ? Is the group routed to all such members ? There are
infiniband-diags for all of this.