[Users] Infiniband / OFED on recent kernels?

Narayan Desai narayan.desai at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 05:30:23 PDT 2013

Starting with OFED 3.2 (iirc), the ofed maintainers started pushing kernel
drivers upstream. So you should be OK with a 3.7 kernel, as long as you
aren't looking for any exotic features, you should be ok. IPOIB should be
straightforward. iSCSI/iSER should be fine as well, at least from the
client side. I'm not sure about the target.

To get things going, you'll need opensm at a minimum (make sure that the
switch doesn't have a subnet manager included, and disable it if it does),
and you'll want infiniband-diags to make sure your hardware is all good.
 -nld