[Users] Compatibility between OFED versions

Trey Dockendorf treydock at tamu.edu
Mon Nov 3 15:14:22 PST 2014

I recently had issues on our Voltaire where IPoIB was not working between
sets of nodes, but other sets it worked.  They had no version differences
as you described, but the issue turned out to be a bad fabric board in the
Voltaire which made all communications from two of the twelve line boards
fail to the other ten line boards.  Only communications between hosts on
the same line board worked.  I've had hosts using OFED 1.5.3 (EL5 systems)
communicate without issue to hosts running the OS provided IB software
(EL6).  I at one point had a few systems with Mellanox OFED (latest as of
July 2014) communicating without issue to both OFED 1.5.3 and EL6.  In all
situations the issues I had were either the subnet manager running on the
Voltaire or bad hardware in the Voltaire.

- Trey

Trey Dockendorf
Systems Analyst I
Texas A&M University
Academy for Advanced Telecommunications and Learning Technologies
Phone: (979)458-2396
Email: treydock at tamu.edu
Jabber: treydock at tamu.edu

On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 3:04 AM, Fedele Stabile <fedele.stabile at fis.unical.it