[Users] Learning Infiniband

Rupert Dance rsdance at soft-forge.com
Tue Oct 28 07:02:30 PDT 2014

Hi Phillip,

There are some very good training programs available for both Programming
with RDMA and InfiniBand Fabric Administration. These courses are delivered
at the University of New Hampshire InterOperability Lab (UNH-IOL)
https://www.iol.unh.edu/services/testing/ofa/index.php ) which is about one
hour north of Boston. The programming course is taught by Dr Robert Russell
who is a professor at UNH and has been teaching Operating Systems and
Networking for 30+ years. He is very experienced with OpenFabrics Software
and we work with all of the transports (IB, iWARP and RoCE). I lead the
Fabric Admin Training and I have been working with RDMA since 2000 and I am
the chair of the IBTA Compliance and Interoperability Work Group (CIWG) and
the OFA Interoperability Work Group (OFA IWG). The OFA Cluster at UNH-IOL
contains 50+ servers, 20+ switches, 4 SRP targets, Gateways and many other
solutions. We have equipment from Chelsio, DDN, Emulex, IBM, Intel, Mellanox
and NetApp. So all training is very much hands on. We can also travel to
your site if you have a group of 5 or more.

The next classes start two weeks from today and we would love to have you
join us. Here are links to the course description and the registration.

Programming Course:
https://www.openfabrics.org/index.php/resources/training/training-offerings.
html
IB Fabric Admin:
https://www.openfabrics.org/index.php/training/infiniband-fabric-administrat
ion.html

Thank you and please let me know if you have any questions,

Rupert Dance
OFA Director of Training and Quality Assurance
Software Forge
2 Greenleaf Woods Drive #301
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Phone: 603-319-8486
www.soft-forge.com

PS: The OFA also has an annual Developers Conference and User Group
conference in CA where all the best RDMA experts gather to exchange ideas
and discuss the latest developments in RDMA.

Here are the links to last year's conference where you can get access to the
presentations:

Developers:
https://www.openfabrics.org/index.php/press-room/2014-international-develope
r-workshop.html