[Users] maybe a RDMAoE Howto?

Charles Williams chuck at itadmins.net
Wed Jun 10 09:11:25 PDT 2015

hey all,

new to the list and have a question.

We currently have 2 servers that we would like to connect using RDMAoE.
These servers are running Debian Wheezy with dual 10G intel NICs each.

I found information here http://www.systemfabricworks.com/downloads/roce
telling me to download here http://198.171.48.62/pub/OFED-1.5.2-rxe.tgz

Unfortunately the package is a bunch of source RPMs and of little to no
use unless I would enjoy torturing myself by plucking apart the .spec
file to generate a DEBIAN directory per hand for each package.

After searching for another day I stumbled across
https://www.openfabrics.org/downloads and no information how to get the
rxe package/options enabled, and
https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-ofed which seems to be woefully
out of date.

Does anyone have ANY actual information on RDMAoE and maybe, just maybe,
an actual howto on compiling for it. Generating DEBs once I know what
I'm doing will not be to hard.

Thanks,
Chuck

unfortunately