[Users] IB topology config and polling state

Hal Rosenstock hal.rosenstock at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 09:57:14 PDT 2015

Were the ports mapped to the phy profile shutdown when you changed this ?

LLR is a proprietary Mellanox mechanism.

You might want 2 different profiles: one for the interfaces connected to
other gateway interfaces (which are FDR (and FDR-10) capable and the other
for the interfaces connecting to QDR (the older equipment in your network).
By configuring the Switch-X interfaces to the appropriate possible speeds
and disabling the proprietary mechanisms there, the link should not only
come up but also this will occur faster than if FDR/FDR10 are enabled.

I suspect that due to the Switch-X configuration that the links to
the switch(es) in the HP enclosures do not negotiate properly (as shown by
down rather than LinkUp).

Once you get all your links to INIT, negotiation has occurred and then it's
time for SM to bring links to active.

Since you have down links, the SM can't do anything about those.