[Users] Software IB switch/router

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Wed Apr 13 16:18:51 PDT 2016

> If I wanted to do something stupid and create a white-box Infiniband
> switch/router, is there some software that does that? Is it even
> possible?

I'm not aware of any open source software to do this.

IB routers are not defined by the IB specification.  You may be able to cobble something together, but you would need to define much of the behavior yourself.

You might be able to create a switch, but you would need an HCA that can disable offloaded transport processing (e.g. Truescale HCAs handle transport processing on the host).