[Users] opensm params

Michael Di Domenico mdidomenico4 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 07:40:40 PDT 2017

On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 10:32 AM, Hal Rosenstock
<hal.rosenstock at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you want to disable fdr10, there is fdr10 option in opensm.conf which
> should be set to 0:
>
> # FDR10 on ports on devices that support FDR10
> # Values are:
> #    0: don't use fdr10 (no MLNX ExtendedPortInfo MADs)
> #    Default 1: enable fdr10 when supported
> #    2: disable fdr10 when supported
> fdr10 0
>
> You may need to bounce the links which are at fdr10 but the link would've
> come up at FDR over FDR10 if that negotiation was successful so I don't
> think changing fdr10 option will have an effect. Are your cables good for
> FDR ?

Yes, i tried switching that flag, it doesn't seem to make a difference.

as for the cables, they were supplied by Cray.  i haven't specifically
checked them, but i trust they are FDR capable.

i did bounce the links and the whole machine, but it seems to keep
coming up in that state.

> I have no idea what is causing bad Qkey traps to the SM in your
> configuration.

me either, i reset back to a completely default opensm config and it
still trips Bad Q_Key and doesn't let me actually talk on the fabric.
the port shows LinkUp, but smpquery/ipoib data fail

is there a possibility that there's a programming error on the fabric
with the partitions, because i have QDR and FDR adapters on the same
fabric.  perhaps something it can't figure out on its own and i have
to hard code into the config?