[Users] Librdmacm - mckey

Hal Rosenstock hal.rosenstock at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 05:15:40 PDT 2017

Hi,

In order to setup the multicast group tree (for mckey), SM must first route
the MC tree and then program MulticastForwardingTables of switches that
tree passes through. The amount of time depends on the topology (how many
switches in subnet), processor speed of SM machine, and lastly delivering
the modified forwarding tables to the IB switches involved in that
multicast tree. This time is non deterministic.

IB multicast is inherently unreliable as it is based on UD transport. Are
you looking for reliable multicast mechanism for IB or is it just the
startup issue that's important for your application ?

-- Hal