[openib-general] DAPL for openib

Yaron Haviv yaronh at voltaire.com
Mon Aug 23 01:20:48 PDT 2004

Matt,

Our trunk includes kDAPL working over our gen1 code
We will port it to gen2 once things become more stable and the missing
access pieces will be completed. One thing we haven't discussed yet is
the gen2 CM api which is a prerequisite for most ULP's.

For uDAPL we have a version out, I believe others indicated they have
done more work with Oracle, and will provide an updated drop sometime
ago, I think the latest code should be published regardless of the
userspace support in gen2, so development will be done in the open.

Another idea I suggested in the pass was to deliver all the changes back
to Source Forge (maintained by Steve S) and have one unified
kDAPL/uDAPL, our recent changes were updated there just few weeks ago.

Maybe we should also start the discussion on the userspace support
After all people would like to see MPI & uDAPL running over gen2 sooner
the better

Yaron