[openib-general] DAPL for openib

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Mon Aug 23 10:33:46 PDT 2004

    Yaron> Maybe we should also start the discussion on the userspace
    Yaron> support After all people would like to see MPI & uDAPL
    Yaron> running over gen2 sooner the better

Given the small team that is actually coding, I think we should follow
a step-by-step approach and focus on getting IPoIB ready for
submission to the kernel.  I think the pieces we need are:

 - Update verbs to new API (I should finish this week)
 - Add driver model/sysfs support (I'll start soon)
 - Finish new MAD API (stalled?)
 - Design implement SA multicast/path record queries (not started)
 - clean up IPoIB driver (not started)

Once we have that, we can look at userspace MAD access so that OpenSM
can run on the new stack.  Also the CM API would be a logical next
step.  I don't think it makes sense to even worry about user verbs
until we've finished these pieces.

 - Roland