[openib-general] DAPL for openib

Yaron Haviv yaronh at voltaire.com
Tue Aug 24 13:48:02 PDT 2004

trunk/contrib/intel/TODO,
> however.  We decided to defer some of the QP redirection issues on the
> client side, but that may or may not affect the API.

I was also under the impression at least the GSI was agreed on
Hal is working on implementing it, if it wasn't clear from his postings

> > Also, I can think of at least one issue with the ib_mad.h API, and
> > other people probably have their own issues.  My question is how we
> > should split SM class queries such as PortInfo, which go to the SMA,
> > from queries such as SMInfo, which needs to be passed to userspace
> > be handled by the SM.  Right now the ib_mad_reg() call just takes
> > class, version and method, but both PortInfo and SMInfo will be
> > identical in those attributes.
>
> We need to discuss how to route MADs to the SMA.  Are you suggesting
that
> the SMA would register for MADs the same as any other client?  My plan
was
> to extend the ib_mad_reg_req structure as needed.  I limited it to
> version, class, method currently, since it easily allows O(1) routing.
We
> could add in AttributeID and AttributeModifier if those are needed.

Any reason to keep the same registration API for both SMA (QP0) and GSI
?
There is very little in common between the two, beside the fact that
both use MAD's

Yaron