Fwd: Re: [openib-general] static LID computationwithTS_HOST_DRIVER

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Thu Sep 30 14:07:52 PDT 2004

    David> I'm describing what is in the current IBA.  The IBA
    David> describes the conditions where a P_Key value should be set
    David> into the P_Key table.  There is no similar description for
    David> LIDs in the IBA.

Right, as I said before, that's what I thought (but I wasn't sure I
hadn't missed something).  So the IBA doesn't make any statement about
what value PortInfo:LID should be initialized to.  Presumably the IBA
doesn't require that PortInfo:LID be initialized to a random value
contained in an uninitialized memory location, so I don't see a
problem with the SMA initializing PortInfo:LID to an algorithmicly
determined value as part of boot-up.  And, unlike the P_Key table, the
IBA makes no statement about this initialization algorithm.

 - Roland