[openib-general] [iSER]How to use the iSER with the UNH iSCSI

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Thu Aug 4 01:18:27 PDT 2005

Ian,

Few things:

- drops (eg dapl_beta2.06) of the SF dapl do not realy work "as is" this is as of the lack of
  code that interacts with real IB AT (Address Translation) and CM (Communication Manager)

- before gen2, each dapl provider (MLX, TS, ICON, Voltaire etc) used the SF dapl as base line
  and implemented the code in dapl (dapl_xx_cm.c) to call their AT and CM plus other enhancments

- eg iSER was tested with the Voltaire kDAPL which was a derivative of the SF dapl

- with openib gen2, the kDAPL implementation at https://openib.org/svn/gen2/trunk/src/linux-kernel/infiniband/ulp/kdapl/
  has the code to work with the gen2 AT and CM

- we (Voltaire) are now in the process to send few patches to the gen2 kdapl that allow for iSER
  to work over the gen2 kdapl - you can see this over the list

- to use the UNH iSCSI target with iSER, i guess you need to approach UNH

Or.