[openib-general] RE: [iSER]question about iSER code

Dan Bar Dov danb at voltaire.com
Wed Aug 24 01:06:29 PDT 2005

The ISER spec is iWARP oriented. Please read also the Huffered spec regarding
ISER over IB. There is work in progress regarding ISER spec modification so it
becomes transport neutral. The ISER implementation at openIB starts the connection
Already in ISER mode, so the flow you list above is not followed.

>     By the way, there is 'iser_post_send_control', whereas no
> 'iser_post_receive_control'. How to send the unsolited data
> from the initiator to target?

These are two questions. Unsolicited data is sent using send-control.
There is not such thing as receive control - there's control-notify.

Dan