[openib-general] Re: RDMA Generic Connection Management

Caitlin Bestler caitlinb at broadcom.com
Tue Aug 30 12:07:07 PDT 2005

The kDAPL reference implementation doesn't free up any resources
in its remove functions. The API allows the Provider to do so.

On most features of this kind the policy on the Reference
Implemenation has always been to implement the things that
everyone needs and leave optional features to be done by
the first party that thinks they really need it.

>From my experience hot-plug card insertion/removal has
not been the highest priority in deploying RDMA.