[openib-general] Re: OpenSM 1.8.0 libvendor initial merge nits

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Wed Aug 31 12:17:19 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 13:44, Eitan Zahavi wrote:
> Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> > Hi again Yael & Eitan,
> >
> > I've now merged the OpenSM 1.8.0 libvendor changes and found
> > the following:
> >
> > General nits:
> >
> > There are a number of violations of the coding style here as well. Also,
> > There is some unneeded whitespace added to a number of files.
> We should run osm_check_n_fix this will get this fixed.
> I also think we need to decide if we want to change the OpenSM coding
> style to use tabs or we keep the no-tabs rule.

Separate discussion. I'm not ready to take this one on yet.

I prefer tabs too and also don't like the way the braces are in OpenSM.
There are other things as well. But this is a big (but trivial) job that
should wait IMO...

> Anyway we can automate both indentation and untabify (or tabify)
> using emacs. Just let me know if such a script is required.
>

> > Specific nits:
> >
> > include/vendor/osm_vendor_mlx_rmpp_ctx.h missing END_C_DECLS
> Yael cleans up these - they were caused by multiple merges.
> You can go ahead and clean them if you want.

I fixed them in the version I am working on. This was meant as a heads
up for the merge branch.

> > When I run autogen.sh in libvendor in the osm-1.8.0-merge branch, I get:
> > ./autogen.sh
> > + aclocal -I config -I ../config
> > + libtoolize --force --copy
> > Putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `config'.
> > + autoheader
> > + automake --foreign --add-missing --copy
> Actually I do not know how come these show up.
> I think it is a matter of automake version.
> I am running the build on the branch without seeing this.
> But I did see strange behavior on old RH 7.3 machine.
> > Makefile.am:27: OSMV_OPENIB does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
> > Makefile.am:25: HDRS was already defined in condition TRUE, which
> > implies condition OSMV_OPENIB_TRUE

Hmm, I update autoconf, automake, and libtool and now get:
+ automake --foreign --add-missing --copy
configure.in: installing `config/install-sh'
configure.in: installing `config/missing'
Makefile.am:27: OSMV_OPENIB does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
Makefile.am:31: OSMV_SIM does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
Makefile.am:44: OSMV_GEN1 does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
Makefile.am: installing `config/compile'
Makefile.am: installing `config/depcomp'

Any ideas ?