[openib-general] IB Address Translation service

Michael Krause krause at cup.hp.com
Mon Feb 28 16:07:00 PST 2005

At 11:47 AM 2/28/2005, Yaron Haviv wrote:
> [...]

It is not an ICSC standard.  It is a DAT specification with the ICSC simply
acting as a proxy for DAT to manage some standard look-up values which it
can do but I don't recall why DAT cannot.  In any case, the ICSC and DAT
are different beasts all doing about the same damn thing at the end of the day.

>As I mentioned in the IP to GID API you can specify if to resolve based
>on the IP infrastructure (like the one Libor described), or based on
>ATS, or Default (first try IP/ARP, than ATS).
>
>And as you mentioned there is value to have the same API for different
>resolution mechanisms, the SDP code can be altered in future to ride
>over the proposed API, so it can be used without TCP/IP.

It would be a mistake to attempt to use anything by IP addresses (v4 or v6)
from an application perspective. Mapping to IB must be application
transparent to be viable.

Mike