[openib-general] Re: tvflash HCA numbering with multiple HCAs

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Mon Jan 3 12:54:28 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 14:53, Johannes Erdfelt wrote:
> Check my other reply, but the short answers are: The numbering for mtcha
> is decided by the PCI core and how it scans PCI devices and calls the
> mtcha callback. tvflash can't use the same numbering scheme because that
> would require the IB drivers to be loaded.

Couldn't tvflash still determine the same order mthca would regardless
of whether it is loaded or not ? That number wouldn't be terribly
meaningful unless mthca were loaded previously (and subsequently
removed) or the machine rebooted with mthca loaded after obtaining the
firmware version.

> However, it would be nice to have tvflash follow the same numbering
> scheme when the IB drivers are loaded to make it easier to use.
> I plan on looking into this today.

Sounds good. Thanks.