[openib-general] ip over ib throughtput

Stephen Poole spoole at lanl.gov
Thu Jan 6 00:54:48 PST 2005

First, I love Hardware Reliability.

1QP per node, this might be fine for small clusters, but what about
larger clusters, where I have an all-to-all communications pattern ?
What about say *IF* something like IB was ever designed into a BG/L
class cluster ? What about if I happen to want to run a
multi-protocol application, how is that currently handled ? *IF* I am
allowed to do that and I had an all-2-all communication pattern,
looks like I would exhaust the QP allocation table. Sounds like
potentially, as clusters/nodes increase in number, we could easily
bump our heads on some of the IBTA artificial limits set. IMHO

Instead of 1 QP for every node, don't you mean 1 QP for every
HCA/Node ? That assumes that I can have multiple HCAs per node.
Currently even at the IPoIB level, we can not do "bonding/trunking",
correct ?

Steve...

At 12:11 PM -0800 1/5/05, Diego Crupnicoff wrote:
> [...]

Steve Poole (spoole at lanl.gov)
	Office: 505.665.9662
Los Alamos National Laboratory					Cell:
505.699.3807
CCN - Special Projects / Advanced Development			Fax:
505.665.7793
P.O. Box 1663, MS B255
Los Alamos, NM. 87545
03149801S