[openib-general] Re: [Rdma-developers] Meeting (07/22) summary:OpenRDMA community development discussion

James Lentini jlentini at netapp.com
Fri Jul 29 12:59:03 PDT 2005

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005, Woodruff, Robert J wrote:

> Venkat wrote,
>> If anyone attended any one of the summits (netconf or kernel) and
>> would be great if they can shed some light on this discussion.
>
> Roland attended the kernel summit and he was
> also at the InfiniBand BOF where we discussed
> the possibility of modifying the
> IB verbs to also support iWarp as probably the right way to
> go. Not sure if this was discussed at the kernel summit or not,
> but perhaps Roland can provide some insight on that question.

The subject came up at the kernel summit when Jamal Hadi Salim
reported on the presentations at Netconf, in particular Stephen
Hemminger's, see http://vger.kernel.org/netconf2005.html).

It was noted that iWARP vendors are working with the OpenIB community
on a common interface. The consensus was that this is the right
direction.