[openib-general] [RFC] IB address translation using ARP

Tom Tucker tom at ammasso.com
Mon Oct 17 12:25:50 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 10:11 -0700, Sean Hefty wrote:
> >I think the current CMA could probably be better.
>
> Can you please clarify what you would change to the CMA API or implementation?
> I would rather get changes in sooner, rather than waiting until it has been
> pushed upstream.

At first blush, the API looks good to me. The kinds of changes I was
pondering were related to hiding some of the routing issues. For
example, if the app. doesn't bind the rdma_cm_id prior to calling
rdma_connect, the code will lookup and use the default route instead of
returning -EINVAL.

These kinds of things allows the app to use bind if they want control,
or not use bind (and simplify the code) if they are happy to take the
defaults.

I was planning to do a patch and submit it for review, but if you'd
prefer talking through it -- that's fine two.

> And to be clear, the current interface is not attempting to abstract QPs, CQs,
> or other hardware resources.

Absolutely.