[openib-general] Announce: openib gen2 Rocks roll

Sacerdoti, Federico Federico.Sacerdoti at deshaw.com
Mon Oct 17 13:05:04 PDT 2005

Based on the help I received from this list, I am pleased to make
available a Rocks roll that provides openib gen2 drivers for Rocks
clusters. The roll is based on a SVN snapshot from Sept 22nd, and
provides a Linux kernel 2.9.13 as well as tweaks to the ulimits for
memory locks, etc. It includes both the openib drivers and an
mvapich-gen2 compiled with gcc 3.4.3 20041212 (Red Hat 3.4.3-9.EL4)

This roll has been used for performance and correctness testing here at
D.E. Shaw R&D, but has not been widely stressed and may still contain
bugs. We have tested it with Topspin HCAs (Mellanox). It is appropriate
for clusters running Rocks version 4.0. The RPMS contained within may
perhaps work with Linux systems based on RHEL4.

The Rocks Cluster team has graciously hosted both the binary roll iso
and source:

ftp://ftp.rocksclusters.org/pub/contrib/openib/

See

http://www.rocksclusters.org/Rocks/

for information on Rocks and

http://www.rocksclusters.org/rocks-documentation/reference-guide/3.2.0/r