[openib-general] Question about the IPoIB bandwidth performance ?

Talpey, Thomas Thomas.Talpey at netapp.com
Mon Jun 5 11:36:27 PDT 2006

Thanks Parks, this is a very interesting perspective.
I will avoid going into my rant about edge devices for
now, however. :-)

I am not sure what you mean about using SDP "end to end".
I assume you would perhaps use SDP to these edge nodes,
but this would require terminating the SDP connection and
re-issuing the stream over TCP to the Panasas box, wouldn't it?

Would this bridging be done in-kernel, like your IPoIB/Ethernet
solution today, or would you implement a daemon? It will be
a difficult challenge, I predict.

Tom.